Just a quick ocean drive from Halifax and nestled on the shores of St. Margaret’s Bay you will find an oasis of innovation and fun. Shift. We are experience makers. As managers of some of Canada’s most northern youth care facilities, we are a company built around helping kids discover their greatness. We’re a team that loves what we do and are looking for someone eager to dive in. Are you a seasoned professional in the field of human services seeking a change? If so, consider this unique position working with us as a Practice & Training Manager.
As part of the management team, you will collaboratively oversee relevant aspects of operations within multiple complex care facilities. This includes:
Programming and Content:
- Lead and oversee program implementation of engaging, responsive, and intentional programming.
- Maintain program supplies in advance on site.
- Develop and oversee robust on-the-land and outdoor education programming.
- Develop and oversee implementation of comprehensive summer programming.
- Ensure implementations of therapeutic programming that meets and exceeds proposal tenets and standards including in-house, daily living, on-the-land, cultural and therapeutic programming.
- Oversee and coordinate holiday or special events and purchases.
- Develop and oversee ongoing implementation of parallel educational programs for out-of-school clients.
- Work collaboratively with community connectors to provide support and guidance to ensure regular cultural programming is facilitated.
- Source funding opportunities to enhance programs and services delivered.
Training and Professional Development:
- Develop and implement ongoing in-house staff training intended to bolster local staff skill and ability.
- Plan, prepare and deliver staff in-service training schedule and content for regular learning opportunities.
- Coordinate all staff visits to head office.
- Participate in pre-brief and de-brief orientations with incoming and outgoing staff.
- Where needed, provide critical incident debriefing.
- Role model high level interpersonal & communication skills.
- Travel for training purposes as scheduled.
- Participate in on boarding and staff training initiatives.
- Participate in individual and team strategic planning efforts and lead efforts to meet quarterly and monthly goals.
- Provide scheduled, rotational on-call telephone coverage (additional compensation will be provided when on-call).
Other duties as assigned by direct report
- A diploma or degree in a social services or human relations field or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years of experience in social services or child welfare.
- An energetic self-starter who can work successfully within a team, but also doesn’t shy away from the opportunity to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High level of organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites and Microsoft Windows software.
- Ability to research information and produce documents.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Permanent 80% position, Monday – Thursday, 8:30 - 4:30.
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a clear criminal record check, vulnerable sector screening, proof of Covid-19 vaccination, and a clear driver’s abstract.
- Occasional travel to the North.
- Up to date immunization record and clear TB skin test required prior to travel.
Formerly known as Atlantic Youth, Shift is a privately owned and operated youth care company based in the Head of St. Margaret’s Bay, Nova Scotia. Founded in 2011, Shift is a progressive company that provides individual and family services in the Maritimes, youth programming nationally, and operates residential youth care programs in Nunavut and NWT.