Are you a seasoned youth care manager looking to make an impact on a new program? Shift is seeking a leader to manage and lead a new satellite residential treatment program opening in Vernon BC. Working in partnership with The Maples adolescent treatment centre in Coquitlam, this five bed treatment home for youth aged 12-18 is located in a rural area just on the edge of town and will blend the best of outdoor and cultural experiences with modern clinical care practices. The Program Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of this short-stay program in collaboration with head office and Maples staff, with periodic trips to both head offices in Halifax and Coquitlam
Shift is a specialized care agency, founded in 2011. Our team manages complex care facilities for adults and youth in some of Canada’s most remote locations. With a focus on helping people discover their greatness, we blend cultural and on-the-land opportunities with experiential learning and trauma-informed care.
As Program Manager, you will lead the day-to-day operations and administration of one of our residential care and treatment programs in British Columbia by working on-site as a member of the Shift leadership team. Our site is set to open up in Vernon. As manager, you will balance multiple competing priorities including program and client needs, staff supervision, client intakes and discharges, administration and reporting, programming and cultural experiences, crisis responses and day-to-day management. You are therefore able to effectively set priorities and function within short and tight timelines and exercise a high degree of operational and strategic thinking to navigate the unique needs of our Vernon location. On-call duties are also a part of your overall responsibility. The values that will make you an ideal candidate are having a sense of adventure and autonomy, curiosity and resilience, happy and outgoing demeanor, and a strong sense of ethics.
You will be responsible for bringing joy to the lives of the youth in our care. This includes maintaining a high standard of care through oversight of daily therapeutic and experiential programming, ensuring robust cultural experiences, nurturing a warm and supportive environment in the facility, and building links to the community abroad.
You work collaboratively with company leadership throughout the recruitment and retention continuum to build a robust and highly functioning staff team that loves what they do. You participate in team building, hiring, and onboarding, staff scheduling, evaluations, and debriefing. As the facility leader, you are passionate about cultivating a great culture.
As program Manager, you work directly with our stakeholders, partners, and families in the communities we serve to build a network of wraparound support and care for our young people. You are passionate about seeking out opportunities for our program and our youth to grow.
Skills & Abilities:
● Strong people management and supervision skills
● Resilient and independent with a good-natured approach
● Strong organizational and administrative skills
● Strong time management skills and strategic thinking ability
● Effective and supportive communication skills
● Experienced in case management and crisis de-escalation
● Creative and great solution-focused mindset.
● Experienced in human services documentation and reporting standards
● Demonstrated ability to create and facilitate activities and programming
● Able to use technology in support of learning and delivery of program service
● Able to work cooperatively as a member of a team and cross program initiatives
● Able to multi-task and navigate a changing environment calmly and effectively
● Able to maintain a budget and work within tight timelines
● Three years’ experience in team management in a human services environment
● A Diploma or Degree in Child and Youth Care, human services or related discipline
● NVCI, CPR, First Aid, ASIST, WHMIS, Food Handler’s certification, and valid restriction-free Driver’s license (some training may be provided)
● Successful candidates are responsible for providing a clear criminal record check, vulnerable sector screening, and a clear driver’s abstract
● Rotational on call support
● Benefits plan
● 40 hours per week
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $66,400.00 per year